Me?

>> Sunday, August 9, 2009

So you wanna know about me, do you?

Pour a cocktail and come back, Ill wait!

It all started in late 2007 when one woman (that's me) married one man (that's hubs) and started their new life.

I am no foodie, first off. There are more foods that I dislike than I actually like. I don't like to try new things and find comfort consistency. I don't eat anything from the sea, except for Calamari. I will say and hubs will vouch for me..I have tried on several occasions fish and shrimp. It all boils down to texture for me and there is just no getting used to it. I am absolutely head over in heals in love with chicken. Its may fav. For the most part, I make some kind of chick dish 3 days a week. I am nothing like my husband (See below for his description) in that I am constantly facing the weight battle. I try to make smart choices when I cook but that doesn't always work (I just found a recipe for a cheesy french fry casserole, see!).

Hubs is a skinny guy. The kind that you wanna sucker punch (I do not abuse my husband, thank you) because he eats and eats and never gains a pound....That is until he married me. He loves to eat and does a really good job of it. He is always a member of the clean plate club and rarely complains about my selection unless it is tacos (I make them once a week, wha? Its my go to dinner).


Here's the kicker:

I should have seen it coming but I suppose I was just being naive. The pots, the pans the utensils (all things that I registered for) who was I kidding! I don't mind cooking but I was never deeply connected to it. I could take it or leave it. I never had to have the coolest new frying pan or food processor or for that mater a freakin egg separator. My parents mom is a big fan of take out and restaurant dining (probably where I get it from).

Now, that sweet man who stood before me in late 2007 wants dinner...every night!

This is my quest to feed him and how along the way, I have come to enjoy it-sort of!

Cheers,
eLp

0 People who are hungry too?:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP