For the Love Of Chicken

>> Saturday, August 8, 2009

If you read the about me section (I hope you did because it pretty much spells out everything me) you would know that me and chicken are like this (picture me crossing my fingers)!


At the very least the husband and I have some sort of chicken dish two times per week.


Since I have such a love of chicken I thought it fitting for the first post to be a chicken recipe.


Bruchetta Chicken:


Ingredients:
1 Package of boneless, skinless chicken breast
*1- 1 1/2 containers of diced tomato
Diced onion
Wishbone Red Wine Balsamic Spray
Basil
Minced Garlic
Spray butter


Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350


1. Clean up chicken by cutting all visible fat off ( I am a freak about this)


2. Spray Pam into a baking dish and place chicken in pan


3. Spread minced garlic on chicken (use as much or as little as you would like, we are garlic whores in our house so more is usually better)


4. Top chicken with diced tomato's ( we are also tomato obsessed so I pile it on too) and onion


5. Sprinkle basil over tomato and onion


6. Give a few squirts of spray butter to top it off


7. Bake in oven until chicken is done (I never pay attention to time so when the chicken is done the dish is ready)


I usually serve this dish with Near East Rice Pilaf. Follow the directions on the box.




*Diced tomato- At the main food store here we have a section in produce that is already diced veggies (onion, tomato... etc). I know Walmart near us has that too so maybe try there if your local food store does not have it. Or you could you know, dice tomato yourself..that's just not my style!

Cheers, eLp

0 People who are hungry too?:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP