A Chicken Casserole, YU-UM

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009

**Added to Kelly's Korner- Show Us Your lIfe

Just finished dinner (by myself since the husband is working late) and I am so excited. I just tried a delish new dish that I found and I couldn't be happier!


I had mentioned this recipe last week to hubs and he seemed than enthusiastic than a bundle of hay. After making it...I think he will be pleasantly surprised. He was concerned that it would be mushy-ish. No at all!


So I give you....


A Chicken Casserole (I know, so original)

Ingridents:
1 (6 ounce) package wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's ®)
3 cups water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into chunks
1 (14.5 ounce) can French-cut green beans, drained
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise

Directions:
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender but not mushy, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more.

3. While the rice cooks, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until completely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Combine the rice, chicken, green beans, mushroom soup, and mayonnaise in a large baking dish.

4.Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes.

Recipe found on All Recipes


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dish on the dish:

Really really good. Pain in the ass to make but really good.

I decided that I wanted to use frozen green beans instead of canned. They pack much more of a nutritional value. So I had to make the chicken, make the green beans and make the rice...then mix it together and bake it. That's ALOT of pots and pans (and time) which means alot of cleanup.

The recipe calls for mayo in it. In my house, we don't do mayo, so I omitted it. Still delish!

I may, since I don't want to use canned green beans (which would cut prep time down) may make a chicken dish one night and make enough chicken for left overs so I can skip making one thing for that meal.

If you try it, please come back and tell me what you thought!

Cheers,

eLp

0 People who are hungry too?:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP