In the Land of Bland: Chicken Fajitas

>> Monday, August 31, 2009

Tonight's dinner will be none other than my fave: Chicken Fajitas!

In our house bland is usually the name of the game and my fajitas fit nice into that category though there is no shortage of peppers in my pretty little fajitas!

What you need:
Medium sized burrito wraps
Brown rice (I use the five or 10 minute stuff)**see below for side note
4 large(ish) peepers in various colors
Garlic
1 onion
Sour cream
Shredded colby jack cheese
Salsa
1 pkg. Chicken
Garlic

**If you are feeling as lazy as I sometimes feel you can even use the uncle Ben's microwave rice in a pouch

Directions:
(brace yourself, its gonna be a tuffy,lol)

1. Clean chick and cut it up into small bite sized pieces. You can also cut it into thin strips. I cut it up depending on how impatient I am feeling. If I just want to eat already I cut it up small so it cooks quicker.

2. Spray a pan with Pam and put chicken in a cook.

3. While chicken is cooking cut peppers into thin strips and cut up onion. Please both veggies into same pan as chicken and let it all cook. Add garlic and pepper and whatever else floats your boat.

4. Prepare your rice.

5. When chicken is done and veggies are cooked to you liking remove from stove and....THAT'S IT!

6. I am no fancy pants so I just throw the warmed wraps, rice, bag of cheese, the salsa and sour cream on the table.

My layering technique:
~Layer from bottom to top~
Warm wrap
Sour cream
Rice
Chicken and veggie mixture
Salsa
Cheese

By all means do it as you wish, BUT please do share!

What do you like on your fajitas??

Cheers,
eLp

0 People who are hungry too?:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP