Long Weekends Were Made For Fun!

>> Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh sweet, sweet long weekend...hurry up and get here already!

I know for a fact I am not alone in the worshiping of long weekends but what I covet the most about them.....the excuse to have our friends over for a get together. I get to try new recipes and hang with the creme De la creme. When two of your friends work at the same restaurant having either one of them at a get together is never possible on a Saturday so Holiday Mondays give us the best chance to see one of them for a Sunday party!

Last weekend I spent sometime trying to figure out what I was going to try to wow the crew with this time...I'm still working on it.

Of course there will be the staples...Spinach dip, panzanella, salsa and cookies.

What that? Did I mention salsa? You bet I did. Along with chicken, salsa ranks very high on my list of faves. Though not something to brag about, I manage to have salsa almost daily.

So, you can imagine my delight when I was surfing the blog YoungHouseLove and came across a DIY salsa making kit!

I could have died! It looked crazy tasty and I am so stoked to give that salsa a try. I am even considering making up the little kits to give to my friends as a sort of parting gift at the end of the evening. I will have to price it out first because I am certainly no made of money (I like to think differently but that husband of mine likes to burst that bubble).

I am really hoping I can pull this off because who on earth would not love to take one home at the end of the night.

Make sure to click on the YoungHouseLove link to see what on earth I am talking about!

More to come on what my complete menu will look like for Sunday so make sure to come back!

0 People who are hungry too?:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP